You all must have heard about the all-famous Char Dham yatrawhich is a pilgrimage to the four sacred shrines of Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath. It is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for many devotees.
Some treks are really difficult to complete thus the government started with helicopter services. With the option of booking a helicopter ride, the journey has become easier and more comfortable for the yatris, offering them, a unique way to witness the stunning landscapes of the Himalayas.
The best time for the Char Dham Yatra by helicopter is between the months of May and June or September to November as these are the months when the weather is pretty pleasant and clear making it easier to fly. Also,
the number of people visiting the temple during these months is also less which makes it more convenient to visit the temples.
Guidelines for the passengers
There are some strict government guidelines a person needs tofollow to be able to take a helicopter tour of the yatra. So before going for the helicopter tour keep these guidelines in mind:
- You must carry a valid photo ID, such as a passport or driving license, to be allowed to fly.
- It is mandatory to undergo a health check before flying, to ensure that you are fit to fly.
- The helicopter service operates only in favorable weather conditions, and the schedule may change due to unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather or technical issues.
- The weight limit for baggage is 15 kg per person, and it is advisable to pack light as the helicopter has limited space for luggage.
- Children below the age of two years are not permitted to fly.
- Passengers are advised to arrive at the helipad at least 30mins before their scheduled flight time for security and check-in procedures.
- You are not allowed to carry any sharp or dangerous objects, such as knives or scissors, on the helicopter.
Key features and benefits of Helicopter Yatra
There are several benefits of covering this spiritual journey byhelicopter most important of them all is they offer you a never had a spiritual experience and a great opportunity to witness the irresistible charm of the
scenic splendors from a great height. Here are some common benefits and features of the helicopter ride:
- The obvious but very important benefit of this travel is to complete the long journey of the Char Dham Yatra in a short period, especially for people who are unable to take out time from their packed schedule
- It is one of the most comfortable and convenient modes of transport one can get to visit 4 different holy Dham’s, especially for people who are of ill health or come under the senior citizen category
- You can capture the beautiful views of Himalayan beauty from a huge height
- Your safety is taken care of as the helicopter services are equipped with the latest technology and safety measures ensuring you a safe and secure journey.
- The pilots are well-trained and experienced ensuring you a smooth and enjoyable one-of-a-kind experience.
How and where to start?
You have to reach the government helipad on Sahastradhara,Dehradun which serves as the base of the whole helicopter ride. The scheduled timings of the flights are specified in advance. The first flight of the day to
these holy places starts early morning at around 6:30 a.m.
Here are some ways you can reach the base in Dehradun:
- By Air: Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun is well-connected to major cities in India, including Delhi, Mumbai, and Bangalore. From the airport, it's a short drive to the helicopter base.
- By Train: Dehradun has a railway station with direct trains from Delhi, Kolkata, and other major cities.
- By Road: Dehradun is well-connected by road, with regular bus services from Delhi, Haridwar, and other cities in Uttarakhand.
How does the tour work?
Here is a short guide and itinerary as to how the helicopter work and how it covers all the places.
- Flying towards Yamunotri - From the base in Dehradun you will go to Kharsali helipad which is 5kms way from the temple which you can reach by trekking, taking a horse, etc.
- Yamunotri to Gangotri - You will board the Kharsali helicopter and land at harsil and then from there you will be transferred to the shrine via an air-conditioned private cab and then return back to the parking area of the temple.
- Gangotri to Kedarnath - You will then fly towards Phata helipad where you can proceed and go towards the shrine.
- Kedarnath to Badrinath - You will then go to the Guptkashi where you will be transferred to the Badrinath temple
Please note that the itinerary might vary depending on your plan and schedule.
You can book the tickets to the helicopter with the help ofgovernment-owned Heli operators or can go for private Heli tour operators. You can look up travel packages online on the website and customize them according
to your needs and schedule. For road trip to Chardham yatra from Haridwar, contact us for best deal.
In conclusion, booking a helicopter ride for the Char Dham Yatra is a unique and convenient way to experience the spiritual journey. With guidelines in place and the comfort and safety of the helicopter ride, it's an opportunity not to be missed. So, plan your journey today and make the most of this once-in-a-lifetime experience. You can book Chardham group tour to attain the lifetime experience with your family, office group or colleagues.